ExperTeach Training Center Hamburg/City CenterEsplanade 6
Phone: +49 40 521 02 09-0
Fax: +49 40 521 02 09-19
From the North via Motorway A7/A23
Travelling on the A7, take exit Stellingen and drive straight along Kieler Straße in the direction of Hamburg/Messe/Zentrum for approximately 3 km. As soon as you can see the ABB building, move to the left lane heading for Eimsbüttel and turn into Fruchtallee. Proceed in the direction of Hamburg Messe/Zentrum straight along Schäferskampsallee, Schröderstiftstraße, Edmund-Siemers-Allee, which follow one another. Pass by the Dammtor railway station (to the right) and turn right before reaching the river Alster, go on under the railway bridge, and turn right into the Esplanade.
From the South or Southeast via Motorway A1/A7
Follow the traffic signs “Hamburg-Centrum”. While driving on the A255, you will pass several bridges over the river Elbe. Afterwards, move to the left lane and turn into Amsinckstraße heading in the direction of “Centrum”. After the ADAC building, move to the right lane. At the next traffic lights (next to the Deichtorhallen) go along the middle lane which turns right and continue through the tunnel heading towards “Messe”. The Lombardsbrücke takes you over the river Alster and directly into the Esplanade.
From the Northeast via Motorway A1 or from the East via Motorway A24
At the motorway junction “Kreuz Hamburg-Ost”, take the A24 in the direction of Jenfeld, but make sure NOT to leave the A24 at exit Jenfeld, but to carry on along A24 until you reach the end of the motorway at the “Horner Kreisel” roundabout. In the roundabout, take the Sievekingsalle heading for Hamburg Centrum. Pass by the multi-story buildings of IBM (colorful windows) and Siemens and drive along the Adenauerallee until reaching the central station (Hauptbahnhof). Turn right at the central station. The Lombardsbrücke takes you over the river Alster and directly into the Esplande.
Parking: We recommend the Gänsemarkt car park, which is only 5 minutes walking from the Training Center.
A very convenient route is to go by the train (e.g. ICE) directly to the Dammtor railway station. Take the exit CCH/Planten un Bloomen and turn left. Take the first pedestrian bridge, turn left, then take the second pedestrian bridge and turn right after crossing this bridge. Cross the Esplanade at the traffic lights and turn left into Esplanade. It is a 6-minute walk.
Alternatively, you can take the route over Hamburg-Hauptbahnhof (central railway station): Leave the central station in the direction of Glockengießerwall, city center. The bus stop is directly next to the exit. From there, you can take bus number 112 heading for Altona/Neumühlen/Övelgönne and get off at Stephansplatz. Alternatively, you can take the subway (U-Bahn): U1 (blue route) heading for Ohlsdorf/Ochsenzoll/Garstedt/Norderstedt will take you to station Stephansplatz (approx. 15 minutes, exit Esplanade). Our Training Center is only 300 m from there.
You can find further public transport connections under www.hvv.de.
Distances to the Training Center:
• 1 min from the subway station Stephansplatz (by foot) U1 (exit Esplanade)
• 5 min from Dammtor railway station (by foot) for long-distance trains (IC/ICE), regional trains (RE/RB) and suburban trains (S11/S21/S31)
• 3 min from the subway station Gänsemarkt (by foot) U2 (exit Staatsoper)
• 8 min from the subway and suburban train station Jungfernstieg (by foot)
• 30 min from the airport with public transport (bus line 110 or suburbain train S1 to Ohlsdorf, subway U1 to Stephansplatz)
Travelling by taxi from the airport, you will reach the Training Center Hamburg in 20-35 minutes at a cost of approx. € 25.00. Alternatively, you can take the suburban train Line S1 to the underground and suburban railway station Ohlsdorf (approx. 3 min.). The subway U1 (blue route) heading for Jungfernstieg/Hauptbahnhof will take you to station Stephansplatz in approx. 15 minutes (there, take the exit Esplanade). The Training Center Hamburg is located approx. 300m from there.
Distances to the Training Center:
• 20 min from the airport (car) / 30 min. by public transport (bus line 110 or suburban train S1 to Ohlsdorf, subway U1 to Stephansplatz)
Phone: +49 40 35906-916
Fax: +49 40 343777
Distance to the Training Center: just a few steps
Price: Single room starting with EUR 101 per night, breakfast EUR 15. The price includes a 3-day-ticket for the public transport in Hamburg.
ExperTeach assessment: Classical private hotel, carefully furnitured, minimum distance to the Training Center
Phone: +49 40 35007-0
Fax: +49 40 35007-514
Distance to the Training Center: approximately 100 m
Price: Single rooms starting with EUR 85 per night including breakfast
When making your reservation at the Hotel Alster-Hof, ask for the ExperTeach rate.
ExperTeach assessment: Modern city hotel with a friendly atmosphere, located close to the Training Center
Phone: +49 40 3571890-0
Fax: +49 40 3571890-10
Distance to the Training Center: 1.7 km (3 bus stops - line 112, 4 min. travel)
Price: Single rooms starting with EUR 79 per night plus EUR 11,50 for breakfast. Parking garage EUR 18 per day.
ExperTeach assessment: modern 2-Star business hotel, centrally located
Phone: +49 40 4192497-0
Fax: +49 40 4192497-10
Distance to the Training Center: 2.3 km (5 subway stops, U1, 8 min. travel)
Price: Single rooms starting with EUR 81 per night plus EUR 11,50 for breakfast.
ExperTeach assessment: new and modern 2-Star business hotel, centrally located
Phone: +49 40 450 131 0
Fax: +49 40 45 01 31-69
Distance to the Training Center: approximately 1 km
Price: Single rooms starting with EUR 95 per night plus EUR 10 for breakfast
ExperTeach assessment: Non-smoker hotel in Art Nouveau-style with individually furnitured rooms and a very friendly atmosphere
Johnsallee 63 - 67
Phone: +49 40 44182-0
Fax: +40 40 44182-888
Distance to the Training Center: ca. 1.2 km (1 subway stop, U1, 2 min. travel)
Price: Single rooms starting with EUR 93 per night, plus EUR 15 for breakfast. Parking garage EUR 16 per day.
ExperTeach assessment: Privately owned 3-Stars Superior hotel in Art Nouveau-style, friendly atmosphere, centrally located.
- Parking lot
- Swimming pool
The Training Center Hamburg/City Center is located in a historical office building at Esplanade 6. With five ample, air-conditioned training rooms in an ambience between Art Deco and Art Noveau Style, we offer you a unique training atmosphere in Hamburg.
We offer you an excellent location with restaurants, cafés, and bars in the immediate vicinity. Museums, theaters, and operas are all only a few minutes away, while the nearby Dammtorbahnhof railway station provides excellent traffic connections. Numerous hotels, shopping malls, the famous Gänsemarkt (Goose Market), and the scenic Planten un Blomen Park can conveniently be reached on foot.
You can look forward to:
- Ornamental- and Art Noveau-style ambience
- Top-level furnishing
- State-of-the-art technology
- Air-conditioned rooms
- Breaks in the Park Planten un Blomen
- Individual tutoring & support
- Excellent traffic connections
- First-class infrastructure
To give you an overview of the abundant leisure time activities offered in Hamburg, we have made the following pre-selection:
Lifestyle & Trendy Spots:
• After-work party in the Cafe schöne Aussichten
• After-work party in the Sausalitos
• Holiday feeling in diverse beach clubs
• A must-see: The Reeperbahn (famous nightlife district)
• Oktoberfest atmosphere in the Hofbräuhaus Hamburg
Arts, Culture, & Nature:
• Walks and concerts just around the corner in the park Planten un Blomen
• Arts & culture in the Stadtpark (municipal park)
• Excursions on the Alster river, in the harbor or through the city of Hamburg
• Musicals, Theaters, Concerts & Cabaret
• The Fish Market
Street Festivals & Events:
• Hamburg Harley Days
• Alstervergnügen (festival at the Alster river)
• Cherry blossom festival
You can find a calendar of events here
• Getting the creeps in the Hamburg Dungeons
• The world of model railways in the Miniaturwunderland
• Annual Fair Hamburger Dom
• Watch films in the Cinemaxx cinema at the Dammtor just around the corner
• FitnessFirst (Europapassage/Ballindamm): The day ticket for 25 € includes the complete training offerings and all other services.
• FitnessFirst (Hamburg-Stephansplatz)