This 5-hour e-learning course is useful for anyone new to Cisco wireless LAN (Wi-Fi) technology. It explains wireless terms, deployment architectures, portfolio components, and key features.
The Defining Cisco Wireless LAN Essentials course defines Wi-Fi, discussing IEEE standards and protocols. You will learn about autonomous, centralized (unified), FlexConnect, and Converged Access architectures and the various component models (access points, wireless LAN controllers, management systems, policy integration, and mobility services engine). You will get an overview of the key features that Cisco offers, and how those features solve user and business problems. The course content is at AireOS-based Cisco Unified Wireless Networks code level 8.1 and at IOS-based Cisco Wireless Converged Access code level 3.7-XE.
The course discusses wireless security, a topic that often concerns Enterprises and Service Providers, covering the types of authentication and encryption employed in Cisco wireless LANs. You will learn about the kinds of tools often used to plan, implement, and monitor a Cisco wireless LAN.
This essentials e-learning course prepares you for follow-on courses in the curriculum, such as Deploying Basic Cisco Wireless LANs (WDBWL), Deploying Cisco Wireless Converged Access Solutions (WDCA), and Cisco Prime Infrastructure.
- Recognize basic terminology and protocols used for Cisco Wi-Fi technologies
- Identify the Cisco wireless LAN architectures appropriate to specific site and use requirements
- Identify the Cisco wireless LAN access points, controllers, and network services used in various deployment scenarios
- Identify the Cisco licensing model and other wireless capable components
- Identify the RF capabilities of a Cisco wireless LAN, including RRM, BandSelect, ClientLink, and CleanAir, and other key features
- Identify security options available
- Course Introduction
- Module 1: General Networking Terms and the Basics of Wi-Fi
- Module 2: Cisco Wireless LAN Architectures
- Module 3: Cisco Wireless LAN Access Points
- Module 4: Cisco Wireless LAN Controllers and Network Services
- Module 5: Cisco Licensing and Other Wireless Capable Components
- Module 6: Cisco Wireless RF Fundamentals
- Module 7: Cisco Wireless LAN Features
- Module 8: Cisco Wireless LAN Security
- Knowledge of basic networking principles
- CCNA Routing and Switching level of knowledge would be advantageous
Self-Checks and Certification
- Each section includes module review questions to help you gauge your understanding of the material
- There are no exams in this course related to certification programs
- Cisco E-Learning
- Mit Hilfe von Cisco E-Learning-Kursen erweitern und ergänzen Sie Ihre Kenntnisse über Cisco Technologien. Diese interaktiven E-Learning-Angebote sind für alle geeignet, die sich im Selbststudium fortbilden möchten. Der Zugriff auf diese Module erfolgt über die Cisco Website.