This course is designed for IT and operations technology (OT) professionals. It teaches students how to deploy best practices used in security and wireless technologies for industrial networks.
It caters to plant administrators, control system engineers, and traditional network engineers in the oil and gas, process control, and manufacturing industries who are involved with the convergence of IT and industrial networks. It prepares students for the Managing Industrial Networks for Manufacturing with Cisco Technologies (200-601 IMINS2) exam and the Cisco Certified Network Associate Industrial (CCNA Industrial) certification.
This course is job role-specific, enabling students to achieve competency and skills to configure, maintain, and troubleshoot industry standard network protocols as well as wireless and security technologies. Learn how to make full use of current infrastructures while developing a converged platform for flexibility to support future business outcomes. IMINS2 exposes students to multiple industrial network technologies.
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Recognize the difference between enterprise and industrial networks
- Understand the functions of the OSI layers and TCP/IP model
- Troubleshoot common issues found in Layers 1, 2, and 3 of the OSI model
- Describe the functions and components of Ethernet and IP protocols
- Configure CIP on Cisco and Stratix managed switches
- Troubleshoot common Ethernet and IP issues
- Describe the functions and components of the PROFINET protocol
- Configure PROFINET protocols on Cisco Industrial Ethernet devices
- Troubleshoot common PROFINET issues
- Identify common network threats and resolutions
- Configure basic security components (access lists and AAA features)
- Configure a wireless network within an industrial environment
- Cisco E-Learning
- Mit Hilfe von Cisco E-Learning-Kursen erweitern und ergänzen Sie Ihre Kenntnisse über Cisco Technologien. Diese interaktiven E-Learning-Angebote sind für alle geeignet, die sich im Selbststudium fortbilden möchten. Der Zugriff auf diese Module erfolgt über die Cisco Website.