This intensive, extended-hours course combines instructor training with hands-on labs to focus on how to install, configure, manage, and troubleshoot VMware vSphere® 6, including VMware ESXi™ 6 and VMware vCenter Server™ 6. This course combines the content of the VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage course with training in the troubleshooting skills needed for maintaining highly available and scalable vSphere environments. Students gain practical experience with these concepts through the completion of hands-on labs.
Completion of this course satisfies the course requirement for the VMware Certified Professional 6 - Data Center Virtualization (VCP6-DCV) certification.
- Course Contents
1. Course Introduction
2. Software-Defined Data Center
3. Creating Virtual Machines
4. vCenter Server
5. Troubleshooting vSphere
6. Configuring and Managing Virtual Networks
7. Configuring and Managing Virtual Storage
8. Virtual Machine Management
9. Resource Management and Monitoring
10. vSphere HA and vSphere Fault Tolerance
11. Host Scalability
12. vSphere Update Manager and Host MaintenanceEach participant will receive the original course documentation from VMware as an e-book.
- Target Group
This course is designed for new and experienced system administrators, systems engineers and system integrators willing to work hard to achieve superior vSphere skills with minimal time away from the office
- Knowledge Prerequisites
• System administration experience on Microsoft Windows or Linux operating systems
• Understanding of concepts presented in the VMware Data Center Virtualization Fundamentals course or VCA-DCV certification
- Classroom training
- Do you prefer the classic training method? A course in one of our Training Centers, with a competent trainer and the direct exchange between all course participants? Then you should book one of our classroom training dates!
- Online training
- You wish to attend a course in online mode? We offer you online course dates for this course topic. To attend these seminars, you need to have a PC with Internet access (minimum data rate 1Mbps), a headset when working via VoIP and optionally a camera. For further information and technical recommendations, please refer to .
- Tailor-made courses
You need a special course for your team? In addition to our standard offer, we will also support you in creating your customized courses, which precisely meet your individual demands. We will be glad to consult you and create an individual offer for you.
Request for customized courses