This course provides network engineers and technicians with the knowledge and skills that are necessary to implement and support a provider network (P-network).
The course focuses on using Cisco switches and routers that are connected in LANs and WANs and that are typically found in the P-network. Upon completing this course, learners will be able to configure, verify, and troubleshoot the various Cisco networking devices.
The course also includes classroom activities with remote labs that are useful to gain practical skills on deploying Cisco IOS/IOS XE Software and Cisco IOS XR Software features to operate and support the P-network.
- Course Contents
• Service Provider Network Construction
• Advanced LAN Switching
• Internal Service Provider Traffic Forwarding
• External Service Provider Routing
• ACLs and IP Address Translation
• Cisco IOS XE and Cisco IOS XR SoftwareEach participant will receive the original course documentation from Cisco in English language as a Cisco E-Book.
- Target Group
• Network administrators, network engineers, network managers and systems engineers working in the service provider environment
• Network designers, project managers and program managers
• The course is also recommended to all individuals preparing for CCNA Service Provider certification.
- Knowledge Prerequisites
• Basic knowledge of networking concepts
• Basic knowledge of Cisco IOS/IOS XE and Cisco IOS XR software configuration
• Skills and knowledge that are equivalent to those learned in the SPNGN1 - Building Cisco Service Provider Next Generation Networks, Part 1 course
- Course Objective
• Describe the Cisco IP Next-Generation Network (Cisco IP NGN) architecture
• Expand a small, switched LAN to a medium-sized LAN with multiple switches, supporting VLANs, trunking, and Spanning Tree Protocol
• Describe routing concepts as they apply to a P-network and discuss considerations when implementing routing on the network
• Implement internal and external routing protocols: OSPF, IS-IS, and BGP
• Describe and implement basic MPLS
• Determine how to apply ACLs that are based on network requirements, and implement ACLs on a P-network
• Describe when to use NAT and implement NAT on Cisco routers
• Describe basic IPv6 concepts and use different configuration scenarios to implement IPv6
• Describe the fundamentals of Cisco IOS XR technology
- Classroom training
- Do you prefer the classic training method? A course in one of our Training Centers, with a competent trainer and the direct exchange between all course participants? Then you should book one of our classroom training dates!
- Tailor-made courses
You need a special course for your team? In addition to our standard offer, we will also support you in creating your customized courses, which precisely meet your individual demands. We will be glad to consult you and create an individual offer for you.
Request for customized courses