The focus of this skills-building course is on deploying, securing, operating, and maintaining the Cisco Unified Computing System (UCS) and UCS C-Series Rack Servers for use in data centers. The extensively hands-on course covers configuring and managing Cisco UCS servers using unified I/O networking for LAN and SAN connectivity, virtualizing server hardware identifiers to enable rapid recovery of server operating system images, automating UCS deployments using UCS Central Software and Cisco Integrated Management Controller (IMC) Supervisor, configuring fault tolerance, implementing role-based access control (RBAC), backing up and restoring system configurations, and using the monitoring and troubleshooting tools in Cisco UCS Manager and Cisco IMC.
- Course Contents
Each participant will receive the original course documentation from Cisco in English language as a Cisco E-Book.
- Module1: Cisco Unified Computing System Implementation
- Module 2: SAN Storage Implementation for Cisco Unified Computing System
- Module 3: Automation
- Module 4: Unified Computing Security
- Module 5: Cisco Unified Computing System Automation
- Target Group
- Entry-level to experienced Network Administrator
- Senior Network Engineer
- Presales Engineer
- Design Engineer
- Data Center Administrator
- Senior Systems Engineer
- Senior Technical Solutions Architect
- Knowledge Prerequisites
- Understanding of server system design and architecture
- Familiarity with Ethernet and TCP/IP networking
- Familiarity with SANs
- Familiarity with Fibre Channel protocol
- Understanding of Cisco Enterprise Data Center Architecture
- Familiarity with hypervisor technologies (such as VMware)
Certification as CCNP Data Center Implement & Design
Certification as CCNP Data Center Implement & Troubleshoot
- Classroom training
- Do you prefer the classic training method? A course in one of our Training Centers, with a competent trainer and the direct exchange between all course participants? Then you should book one of our classroom training dates!
- Hybrid training
- Hybrid training means that online participants can additionally attend a classroom course. The dynamics of a real seminar are maintained, and the online participants are able to benefit from that. Online participants of a hybrid course use a collaboration platform, such as WebEx Training Center or Saba Meeting. To do this, a PC with browser and Internet access is required, as well as a headset and ideally a Web cam. In the seminar room, we use specially developed and customized audio- and video-technologies. This makes sure that the communication between all persons involved works in a convenient and fault-free way.
- Cisco Digital Learning
- This course is available in the Cisco Digital Learning Library. These recently developed, multi-modal training events include HD videos moderated by lecturers with stored searchable text and subtitles, as well as a comprehensive course documentation. We provide this offer to you via our myExperTeach learning portal. After the activation. access to the courses will be granted for a duration of 365 days.
- Tailor-made courses
You need a special course for your team? In addition to our standard offer, we will also support you in creating your customized courses, which precisely meet your individual demands. We will be glad to consult you and create an individual offer for you.
Request for customized courses