This course provides network professional with the knowledge of troubleshooting and optimizing Enterprise wireless infrastructure and related services plus the tools and methodologies needed to identify and resolve client connectivity, performance, and RF issues.
Each participant will receive the original course documentation from Cisco in English language as a Cisco E-Book. In the Cisco Digital Learning Version, the content of the courseware is integrated into the learning interface instead.
- Troubleshoot Methodology
- Troubleshoot AP Joining Issues
- Troubleshoot Client Connectivity Issues
- Identify and Locate RF Interferences
- Troubleshoot Client Performance Issues
- Identify Common Wired Infrastructure Issues Based on the Output From Common Troubleshooting Tools
- Troubleshoot WLC and AP High Availability Issues
This course is suitable for planners, consultants, and administrators who troubleshoot Cisco-based wireless networks. This course prepares students for the exam WITSHOOT, which is part of the CCNP Wireless certification.
Participants should have a CCNA Wireless certification or equivalent knowledge. This can be obtained in the courses ICND1, ICND2, and WIFUND. Basic knowledge of Cisco Prime Infrastructure and Cisco Identity Services Engine is recommended..
Complementary and Continuative Courses
CCIE Wireless Lab – The Practical Exam
CCIE Wireless Theory – The Written Exam
WIDEPLOY – Deploying Cisco Enterprise Wireless Networks
WIDESIGN – Designing Cisco Wireless Enterprise Networks
WISECURE – Securing Cisco Wireless Enterprise Networks
|Module 1: Identify Common Troubleshooting Approaches|
|Lesson 1: Describing Network Troubleshooting Methodology|
|Lesson 2: Describing Network Troubleshooting Tools and Resources|
|Module 2: Identify Wireless Infrastructure Issues|
|Lesson 1: Troubleshooting Client Connectivity Issues|
|Lesson 2: Troubleshooting Client Performance Issues|
|Challenge 1: Client Authentication Failure|
|Challenge 2: Client Connection Failure|
|Challenge 3: Client Unable to See the Employee WLAN|
|Challenge 4: Poor Performance on 2.4 GHz|
|Module 3: Identify Core Wireless Infrastructure Issues|
|Lesson 1: Troubleshooting AP-to-Controller Issues|
|Lesson 2: Troubleshooting Wireless-Related Wired Infrastructure Issues|
|Lesson 3: Troubleshooting Cisco FlexConnect|
|Challenge 5: APs Are Not Joining the Controller, Example 1|
|Challenge 6: APs Are Not Joining the Controller, Example 2|
|Challenge 7: Client Roaming Is Not Handled Seamlessly|
|Challenge 8: No Access to wlc1 from the Network, Example 1|
|Challenge 9: No Access to wlc2 from the Network, Example 2|
|Challenge 10: New 802.11ac APs Are Not at Maximum Performance|
|Challenge 11: FlexConnect Local Switched WLAN Issue|
|Challenge 12: FlexConnect APs Cannot Authenticate New Users|
|Challenge 13: APs Are Not Joining the Controller, Example 3|
|Module 4: Identify Wireless Security Issues|
|Lesson 1: Troubleshooting Client Authentication Issues|
|Lesson 2: Troubleshooting Guest Access Issues|
|Lesson 3: Troubleshooting Issues with RF-Related Security Threats|
|Challenge 14: Client Authentication Failure|
|Challenge 15: Guest Web Authentication Failure|
|Challenge 16: Additional Client Authentication Issues|
- Do you prefer the classic training method? A course in one of our Training Centers, with a competent trainer and the direct exchange between all course participants? Then you should book one of our classroom training dates!
Cisco Digital Learning
- This course is available in the Cisco Digital Learning Library. These recently developed, multi-modal training events include HD videos moderated by lecturers with stored searchable text and subtitles, as well as a exercises, labs, and explanatory text and graphics. We provide this offer to you via our myExperTeach learning portal. After the activation access to the courses will be granted for a duration of 365 days.
You need a special course for your team? In addition to our standard offer, we will also support you in creating your customized courses, which precisely meet your individual demands. We will be glad to consult you and create an individual offer for you.
Request for customized courses