Recertification is an important indicator to you and your employer that you have kept up with current technology trends and validated your skills at the rigorous level of the original certification exam..
All certification levels have a three-year recertification requirement. Certified individuals will be able to recertify by completing continuing education activities, taking exams, or a combination of both. All certifications will be active for three years from the date certification is achieved. Each time recertification requirements are met the certification active status will be extended for an additional three years.
Recertification requirements must be met prior to the certification expiration date. Individuals with expired certification(s) must complete the full examination process again to earn active status. Recertification can occur at any time during the active period by advancing to the next level of certifications, earning continuing education credits, or a combination of both.
Visit the Cisco Career Certifications Tracking System to check the status of your certification(s).
Cisco Continuing Education Program
The Cisco Continuing Education Program is a recertification option for all active Associate, Specialist, Professional, and Expert level certificants. It provides candidates with several opportunities to maintain and enhance their skills as part of the recertification process. Choose from a variety of qualification options to earn credits toward recertification.
Active certification holders can select from a list of approved continuing education activities to apply toward recertification. Each qualifying continuing education option has an assigned credit value. Complete any combination of activities to achieve the number of continuing education credits required for your certification.To recertify through the Cisco Continuing Education Program, complete the following steps before your current certification becomes inactive:
- Log into the Continuing Education Program portal and agree to the terms and conditions
- Learn about the catalog of offerings and how to submit credits
- In the CE Portal, select "Submit Items" from the menu bar and enter the completed continuing education activity in the entry screen that follows.
- Submit your completed task(s) for credit through the Cisco Continuing Education Program portal within 90 days of completion.
- Receive an email notification when the credits have been awarded.
- Track your progress in the Certification Tracking System (with the exception of CCIE/CCDE).
- CCIE/CCDE recertification status can be tracked through the CCIE/CCDE-Tracker
- If criteria are met, recertification will be automatically awarded based on the date of the last credit. An email notification is sent.
- All certifications at the same certification level and all certifications at lower levels will be renewed for 3 years
- Confirm your status in the Certification Tracking System or CCIE/CCDE Tracker
|Certification level||Duration||Examination only||Examination and Continuing Education||Continuing Education only|
|Associate Recertification||3 years||
||Earn 30 CE credits|
|Specialist Certification||3 years||
||Earn 40 CE credits|
|Professional Recertification||3 years||
||Earn 80 CE credits|
|CCIE Recertification||3 years||
||Earn 120 CE credits|
|CCDE Recertification||3 years||
||Earn 120 CE credits|