- Mozilla Firefox 38+ (for best results, choose File > New Private Window)
- Google Chrome 43+ (for best results, choose File > New Incognito Window)
Confirming you can connect to our web conferencing system and lab environment prior to class is critical to having a positive experience with Red Hat virtual training. We strongly encourage you to complete your connectivity tests for this class in advance of the class start date. Please make sure that you are connecting using the same system you will be using during the class and if at all possible are in the same location.
Testing your Web Conferencing Connection
- Browse to: https://bluejeans.com/111/
- Click JOIN WITH BROWSER, JOIN MEETING or DOWNLOAD & JOIN.
- Type in your full name and click OK.
- Check that your audio is working. We recommend that you join audio through your computer wearing a noise-cancelling headset with a microphone. After you have connected your headset, start speaking. You should hear your words spoken back to you. If you don’t hear the audio, double-check that Audio ON is displaying in the right navigation pane. If Audio OFF is displaying, click the icon to turn it on.
- When your test is complete, click the Leave icon on the right navigation panel to end the session.
- Submit your test results to firstname.lastname@example.org along with a screenshot of any error message and your Red Hat Network (RHN) username.
Testing your Lab Environment Connection
- Browse to: https://www.redhat.com/rhtapps/services/compatibility
- Mark the checkbox and click on the ACCEPT button.
- For Run test, select Virtual Training from the drop-down menu.
- For Location, select your country.
- For Your name. [Kindly fill in your name]
- For Email. [Kindly fill in your email Id]
- For Red Hat customer portal login. [Kindly fill in your login Id]
- Click RUN TESTS.
- Email your connectivity test results, a screenshot of any error messages, and your Red Hat Network (RHN) Username to email@example.com. (Note: Your RHN username is case-sensitive.)
a. If you do not have an RHN username, create one at https://www.redhat.com/wapps/ugc/register.html
b. If you have forgotten your RHN password, reset it at https://www.redhat.com/wapps/sso/lostPassword.html
Contacting Technical Support
If you are having a problem prior to the class start, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Joining the Web Conference
We recommend that you join the class and audio at least 15 minutes prior to class start.
- Browse to the conference website. You will receive the link prior to the start of the course via e-mail.
Note: If you have joined with "guest" as name, we would encourage you to change it with your name by clicking on the guest name available in the chat section.
- Depending upon your platform, and whether you have ever used Blue Jeans before, you may be asked to download a small Blue Jeans launcher application If so, follow the on-screen prompts.
- Click the Computer icon. We recommend you join the audio via your computer with noise-cancelling headphones with mic.
Connecting to the Virtual Lab Environment
- Browse to https://rol.redhat.com/rol/app/login/sso to access the Red Hat virtual training portal.
- Login to the portal with your Red Hat student credentials (RHN ID) (Case Sensitive)
- Access the training class by clicking on the relevant training assigned to you.
- Click the ‘Join’ button next to the class that you have registered.
- You should be able to view and control the remote virtual machines that host classroom, desktop & server stations by clicking on the respective ‘open console’ link.
- An online copy of the courseware can be accessed using the ‘Download Student Guide’ button.
Recommendation: two monitors
If possible, we recommend using two monitors. An external monitor on the laptop or a separate tablet are very useful to keep a better overview of the trainer presentation, the course materials and the Lab environment.